What is SAML?
SAML (or Security Assertion Markup Language) is a method for ensuring that data transmissions are secure, and, in the case of FormAssembly, for making sure that only certain authorized users are able to access your forms. This feature is currently available for all users at the Enterprise Plan level.
Enabling this feature will restrict access to your forms by only allowing users who can be authenticated by your SAML server to access a form. Users without a valid username and password will not be able to access any form where you have enabled SAML authentication. Additionally, users who are not logged in to your SAML identity provider will be automatically redirected and asked to log in, prior to accessing the protected form.
SAML authentication can also be used in conjunction with our Save & Resume feature. Users who are authenticated through SAML will not need to enter a username or password, and can use their SAML credentials for saving and resuming forms.
If you are interested in setting up SAML authentication with Salesforce as the identity provider, you can find more information here.
Note that you will need to email your SAML metadata to email@example.com with "SAML Setup" as the subject line.
Without entering your instance as an SP into your Identity Provider (IdP) the SAML authentication will not be successful.
The following instructions will show you how to enable SAML authentication for your FormAssembly forms:
SAML Authentication Setup Instructions
In order to enable SAML authentication, please log in to your SAML identity point and follow these steps:
- On the Processing page, go to Allow Responses From and select SAML Authenticated Users
- Then click Configure
- Next, check that you would like to Enable SAML authentication and click Test.
- Provided you are logged in to your SAML identity provider, after you click test, a list of SAML attributes and aliases will be shown. You can choose to enable those that you would like to use.
- Once you have selected the attributes you would like to use, click apply.
SAML Prefill Connector
- To enable the SAML prefill connector, begin by going to your Connectors page for the form you're working with
- Next, drag in the SAML Prefill Connector into the view section of the timeline and click Configure.
- Then map the fields in your form to the SAML session attributes that you would like to fill those fields.
- When you're finished, click Apply
- You're now ready to begin testing your SAML authentication and connector!