If you published your forms with the Copy & Paste method or the REST API, and tracking is otherwise already set up on your site, you don't need to do anything to track your forms.
However, if you use FormAssembly to host your forms, follow these steps to add Google Analytics tracking:
Setup the Tracking Code
- Open your form in the Form Builder and add the GA Tracking Code element from the Add Content menu.
- With the tracking code now present in your web form, you need to configure it with the desired Google Analytics profile ID. Visit your Google Analytics account dashboard to obtain this value.
Click the Google Account ID field , click Options , then Advanced Options , and under Default Value , enter the ID .
- Save your form, and you're almost good to go!
Enable Cross-Domain Tracking
So far, we've made sure that traffic to your web form will be reported in the desired Google Analytics profile. However, there is one more thing you need to do to make sure that the Google Analytics session carries on to your form and all tracking information is correctly measured.
Additional Notes to Consider
- Results can take a day to appear in Google Analytics
- Results are approximate and are not an exact representation of people that have opened the form
- Some people will have ad blockers which will prevent Google Analytics from tracking them