At times you may need to add your subscribers to a group in your Mailchimp account.
It is important to note that once a respondent has subscribed through a form, they cannot subscribe again to a different group. In other words, you cannot use the HTTP connector to update subscribers, only to create subscribers.
- You will need to start by inspecting the source of the Mailchimp form in order to find the group ID:
- You'll notice there are two group numbers in this example: 2048 and 81025. You will need both of these numbers.
- When mapping the HTTP connector, your final setup should look like this:
- The group name will go first, followed by the group ID in brackets (as shown above).
- Adding the 1 after "Plastic Folding Tables" means that if that box is checked, they will be added to this specific group in Mailchimp.
NOTE: If you want to add respondents to multiple groups, each group will need a seperate checkbox field in the form (not just a separate checkbox from a single field). Then you can map each individual checkbox field to the specific group in Mailchimp.