We recommend that you create a separate Salesforce user account dedicated to FormAssembly.
This allows you to keep your own credentials private and lets you restrict the permissions to the minimum needed by FormAssembly.
Creating a Salesforce API User
To create the user and its permission profile, please contact your Salesforce administrator or refer to the Salesforce documentation:
When you check the API User checkbox, it ensures that you can't use those credentials to actually log into the instance. This is safer, but does cost an additional license.
Salesforce Profile Settings
Whether you use a dedicated user or your own account, the following options must be enabled in your user's profile:
- Administrative Permissions Section: Check API Enabled.
- Standard Object Permissions Section: Check all the objects that you wish to create using your web form (e.g., Lead, CampaignMember, etc.).
- Login IP Ranges (Optional: if not set, a security token is needed):
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 -22.214.171.124
You can also go to Setup → Users → Login History in Salesforce to determine if there are additional IP addresses you need to whitelist.