You can create repeating questions and sections in FormAssembly forms.
Repeatable questions allow respondents to give more than one answer. This is useful for forms such as job applications, where an applicant may need to add multiple references, or student registration forms, where students can enroll in multiple classes.
A repeatable section is helpful if you don't know how many fields will be needed. For example, with contact information, some respondents may need to add ten contacts, and some may need to add three.
Use a repeatable section to start off with one section of contact information, so the form remains simple and inviting.
Create a Repeatable Field or Section
- Select the element on the form.
- Select the Options button to open the editing sidebar.
- Expand the Repeatable Option settings.
- Check the corresponding box for This is a repeating field (or section).
- Repeating fields and sections do not work with post-processing formulas in any connectors. Additionally, you cannot use aliases from repeating fields in any FormAssembly formulas.
Repeatable Field Behaviors
Different settings allow for different behaviors. To provide clarity, the image below will assist in clarifying if a field will hold a default value or not.
Limit Repeatable Fields & Sections
Once you enable the repeating for the field or section, you will have the opportunity to limit the repeating instance. If you do not want to add a limit, leave it blank.