You can create repeating questions and sections in FormAssembly forms.
Repeatable questions allow respondents to give more than one answer. This is useful for forms such as job applications, where an applicant may need to add multiple references, or student registration forms, where students can enroll in multiple classes.
Note: If you need multiple repeatable fields, it's best to place the fields within a section and make the section repeat instead. Also, it is not possible to use formulas within repeating sections.
A repeatable section is helpful if you don't know how many fields will be needed. For example, with contact information, some respondents may need to add ten contacts, and some may need to add three.
Use a repeatable section to start off with one section of contact information, so the form remains simple and inviting.
Tip: Sometimes you may find it difficult to select the section. Instead, you can select a field within the section and open the editing sidebar. At the top of the sidebar, click Select parent section.
Create a Repeatable Field or Section
- Select the element on the form.
- Select the Options button to open the editing sidebar.
- Expand the Repeatable Option settings.
- Hint: If you can't find the Repeatable Option settings, check Show advanced features.
- Check the corresponding box for This is a repeating field (or section).
- Repeated fields do not hold default value settings or prefilled data.
- Repeating fields and sections do not work with post-processing formulas, like concatenations in the connector.
Limit Repeatable Fields & SectionsOnce you enable the repeating for the field or section, you will have the opportunity to limit the repeating instance. If you do not want to add a limit, leave it blank.