If you have a form which asks users for the same information multiple times, you can prefill that data from one section of the form to another. For example, maybe you need a respondent's name and address in several locations throughout your form. By prefilling from one section of the form to another, you will save your users time and decrease the nuisance of repeatedly writing the same information.
1. Start with the field(s) where you first ask for the information you plan on prefilling later.
- Click on the field. Choose Options and then click on the Calculations tab.
- Check the "This is a variable" box and enter the name of the variable to be used.
- We recommend that you use something easy to remember, in all uppercase or lowercase letters, to avoid confusion.
2. Click on the field that you would like to be prefilled with the data from above
- Once again, choose Options and then click on the Calculations tab.
- This time, check the "This is a calculated field" box and enter the name of the variable you created previously.
- You can also see your list of available variables below the text box.
And now you're ready to go! You can click on Preview Form to test this out and try entering some information in your first field to make sure it prefills correctly.